GTC is delighted to welcome all of its international attendees and would like to make the process as seamless as possible.
If you are traveling to the United States for tourism or business for 90 days or less, you may be eligible to visit the US without a visa if your country is participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). For a list of countries and details, please visit the US State Department Visa Waiver Program web page here.
If you are traveling to the US and your country does NOT participate in the Visa Waiver Program (link above), you must apply for a visa. Please read these procedures carefully:
- Visit your local embassy or consulate NOW to obtain literature, forms and understand the application process. Applying for a visa can be a lengthy process; therefore we strongly recommend that you start your visa application process early – at least 90 days prior to the conference if possible. For information on the embassy or consulate closest to you, see Links to United States Embassies and Consulates Worldwide.
- Once GTC registration is open, complete your registration and payment ASAP online.
- Send your request for an invitation letter to the GTC Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference your registration name, confirmation number and country. You will receive a response within 3 business days with an invitation letter.
- After you receive the letter of invitation, call your local US Embassy or Consulate to arrange an interview.
- When you go to the embassy or consulate for your interview, you will be asked to pay a nonrefundable application fee and submit the following items:
- Your letter of invitation to attend GTC 2017.
- A signed, completed Visa application. The application form is available at all embassies and consulates for no charge.
- A passport valid for travel to the US at least six months beyond your intended stay in the US.
- Two photographs, 1.5 inches square (37 x 37 millimeters), showing your full face, without head covering, against a light background.
For more information, please visit the US State Department Visa website.